Monday, April 4, 2011

My favorite baseball team (s)

As you know, I am a die hard Indians fan.  I will be until the day I die, and even then they won't win the World Series.  But I digress.  As I sit in my easy chair on my day off, I am watching the Brewers pregame show.  I am a Brewers fan, sort of.  After going to a few games with Emily when she was at Mequon, I developed an interest in the Brewers.
Then again, I am a Cardinal fan, sort of.  I watched the Cards while on vicarage and maintain an interest in them.  So too the Nationals, as I was able to attend a Nationals game in Washington in their first season in DC.  I got to see the Astros play at Minute Maid Park last year during the LCMS convention.  I am not presently followed the Stros, but I could be persuaded to follow them.  Funny, though, I don't follow the Cubs or the White Sox.  Even though I went to games in Chicago when I went to RF, I never really developed an interest in them.
Now, I may develop an interest in the Pirates this year.  Pittsburgh?  Why Pittsburgh?  Well, I do get to see them for free on tv, and I really would like to make a trip to Pitt to see their ballpark, so who knows?
Now the Reds, they are a different story.  I never liked the Reds, but I do appreciate their history.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that the Reds ALWAYS send me a clergy pass to see games for free each season (are you listening Mark Shapiro????).  So I will watch the Reds, and hope to go to at least one game this season to make good on that clergy pass!  Those are the teams I follow, but it is the Tribe until I die!

No comments:

Post a Comment