Monday, April 4, 2011

Retiring, Sort of

Well I am retiring, sort of.  As some of you know, I have spent the past couple of years as a play by play man on WFCO radio  and LSN TV.  By my count just this year, I have done over a dozen football games either on radio or tv, and close to 30 basketball games on radio and tv.  Last week I was able to call the Fairfield Christian baseball game on WFCO (most of the games can be listened to again, if you have nothing better to do, by going to www.wfcofm.com and clicking on the sports section).  It will be my last game for a while.  While I enjoy doing the games, my schedule becomes tighter in the season of Lent.  Baseball games begin at 5 pm and go into the early evening.  I DO have evening meetings, so that necessitates my inability to call baseball games.  More importantly, though, I want to see my son, Mark, play baseball during the season and Mark takes a priority over the play by play duties.  I still get invitations to do some games, and perhaps I will take a game or two, but family comes first.  So, for the next few months, I will be taking a break.  So I am retiring, sort of, until I am asked again to call a high school game.

No comments:

Post a Comment