Monday, April 4, 2011

April Fool

Usually my lovely wife plays an April Fool's joke on me.  Her sense of humor is notorious: last year she called my barber to ask him to tell me that I had lice in my hair.  April Fools!  A few years ago she had a friend call me and offer to sign me and my hard of hearing pooch up for dog hearing aids.  April Fools!  Luann hasn't struck yet, but it is only April 4.  She can strike at any time.  I must be ready.

Seeing as it has been a while since I posted (I apologize) I noted that my last post dealt with my faith in the Blue Jackets ability to make the playoffs.  Was I ever wrong!  April Fools!  The joke has been on Blue Jacket fans for the past ten years.  The team has largely been incapable of putting forth an effort night in and night out.  And seeing as how this team did not compete last night against the Blues, I am wondering if my faith will prove to be in vain.  Oh, I know that this team has been out of the playoff hunt for a while.  But will they be able to compete next year?  This team has so many holes, can any GM fill them all in one off season?  Major changes are needed for the Jackets.  The fan base is eroding.  I will remain a fan, but will the others?  The Blue Jackets have proven to play an April Fool's Joke on all hockey fans in Central Ohio again.  Yes, the joke is on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment